- The son is an `asbah, and hence will automatically inherit the entire estate if inheriting alone. Multiple sons will share in the estate equally if there are no other heirs.
- He gets residue when inheriting with other heirs. Multiple sons share the residue equally.
- If there is one daughter, her share is 1/2.
- If there are two or more daughters, they share 2/3 equally.
- When she is the only heir, she inherits the whole estate. Multiple daughters share the estate equally if there are no other heirs.
3) Son(s) and Daughter(s) Inheriting Together
- If son(s) and daughter(s) are inheriting together, they both become `asabaat (see the post How Some Zaawil Furoodh Relatives Become `Asabaat) and share the residue, with each son getting twice as much as each daughter. In other words, they share the residue in a 2:1 ratio.
- If only son(s) and daughter(s) are inheriting, with no other heirs, they share the entire estate in a 2:1 ratio.
Note: The 2:1 distribution rule will be explained fully in a later post, insha’Allah.